Flmlvr

Film Fanatic That Loves To Read

First off, that is me on the left (I'm pictured with my niece). Okay, I'm not exactly the biggest book nerd out there, but books have been a very important part of my life. It has helped me through things like, ohhhhhh, real life maybe. In my hours of triumph to the darkest of tragedies, books have always been important to me. Depending on my mood at a given time - like many of us - will depend on what kind of book I'm reading. Reading opens the mind and makes the world more understandable in its complication. Simply put, I love the world of books...........

The Collected Stories of Katherine Anne Porter
Peter Sourian, Franz Werfel
Progress: 90/824 pages

A Great Read!!!!

The Brothers K - David James Duncan

For the first 110 pages I kept thinking "This is interesting. This is interesting." Then came one paragraph on page 125. One paragraph. And by the time I finished reading the paragraph, I was moved to near tears.

But unfortunately, i would hit a bump on the road called "life" that forced me to not read the book for three or so months, but I got right back to it. And what a read. You really LIVE this story. You care for these people, flaws and all. Their problems become your problems, you feel their triumphs. The prose was top rate, the story engrossing. I will be buying copies for other people to read - I loved it that much. Can't recommend it enough.