Flmlvr

Film Fanatic That Loves To Read

First off, that is me on the left (I'm pictured with my niece). Okay, I'm not exactly the biggest book nerd out there, but books have been a very important part of my life. It has helped me through things like, ohhhhhh, real life maybe. In my hours of triumph to the darkest of tragedies, books have always been important to me. Depending on my mood at a given time - like many of us - will depend on what kind of book I'm reading. Reading opens the mind and makes the world more understandable in its complication. Simply put, I love the world of books...........

The Collected Stories of Katherine Anne Porter
Peter Sourian, Franz Werfel
Progress: 90/824 pages

BLASPHEMY

Blasphemy: New and Selected Stories - Sherman Alexie

It has been a long while since I read a collection of short stories. So glad I read this particular collection.

Being a devoted Barnes and Noble NOOK reader, found this particular title without ever hearing of Sherman Alexie, and that was due to the fact that the price for this title dropped to only $1.99 for 24 hours, And being I'm in a financial situation that I must take advantage of sales, couldn't resist the temptation to download this after reading the raves the book good.

And they were justified raves. This collection of stories are mostly darkly humorous, but a few are dramatic, some tragic. All good. Well worth your time. I can hardly wait to read other Sherman Alexie books.