Flmlvr

Film Fanatic That Loves To Read

First off, that is me on the left (I'm pictured with my niece). Okay, I'm not exactly the biggest book nerd out there, but books have been a very important part of my life. It has helped me through things like, ohhhhhh, real life maybe. In my hours of triumph to the darkest of tragedies, books have always been important to me. Depending on my mood at a given time - like many of us - will depend on what kind of book I'm reading. Reading opens the mind and makes the world more understandable in its complication. Simply put, I love the world of books...........

The Collected Stories of Katherine Anne Porter
Peter Sourian, Franz Werfel
Progress: 90/824 pages

FINISHED!!!!!!

The Martian - Andy Weir

Yes, I realize the book is a quick read, but I also have an exhausting job which makes it impossible to read as often as I would like. In other words, I'm usually too tired to read at the end of the day.

Which could explain why it took me 3 months to read a quick read book. And in this case, it would be hard for anybody to believe I could have even put this book down for any extended period of time. Trust me, it wasn't easy. This is one of the most riveting best-written and entertaining books I could have asked for. The publishing history of this book gives me much hope for the future of book reading - cause it was originally a self-published book. So there!!!

Though I know movies usually aren't as good as their original source material, it is hard to imagine that the movie won't be at least good. After reading this, I'm only more anxious to see the film version. But if you want to skip the movie, well, I can assure you, this book is WELL worth your time and effort. I just loved it.